Sunday 5 April 2020

A new exciting idea

I have been 'going for walks' on google maps streetview lots recently, exploring places I have been and some that are new to me. I love doing it, it feels like real travel, and I can somehow feel the landscape as well as just seeing it through a screen.  I have been taking screenshots of the scenes that feel special or unique, especially the ones that seem like part of a particularly unique landscape. 
I have been struck by how many generic dirt roads there are across the world. I wanted to find a way of using these images as an art making material, and I was thinking about the idea of making a journey, that someone could travel (online) but would be impossible to travel physically. I want to take lots of screenshots of generic road scenes to lead someone through to something, I haven't decided what yet, maybe my dream home? Maybe it could be a house to house journey. Or maybe the interesting thing could be that the journey is unfinished, and leads nowhere.
























  




























No comments:

Post a Comment